Sunday, January 04, 2009

Starting Measurements

Okay so the measurements are in and here's where I'm starting from:

Today's wait at about 5pm = 204lbs.

Waist 43"
Hips 45.5"
Neck 13.5"
Thigh 28.5"
Calf 16.5"
Wrist 6.75"


Now, using those measurements and a handy little online calculator I discovered that I have approximately 28.4% body fat. Which means I am carrying around about 57.9lbs of fat. According to the website the calculator was on, this calculation should be accurate within 2% meaning my possible range is 26.4% - 30.4%. However, according to yet another calculator claiming to use formulas developed by the U.S. Navy & the YMCA, my body fat percentage is 42.32% or 41.65% respectively. So what should I believe? Well...I guess I believe that since I can't get an accurate water displacement measurement... I won't be worrying too much about that body fat percentage and focusing on the other more reliable numbers.


I've also chosen a new calorie counting website: www.sparkpeople.com And I've set up accounts for me and my husband there. I'm excited that we'll be doing this together this time. I think it will really help to keep the motivation going. I've already entered today's food entries and I did better than I thought for a first day (just 8 calories over), but not nearly as well as I should (need to make healthier choices). In addition to which, I need to evaluate whether the website's recommended calorie and other nutritional goals are ones I want to stick with or if I need to adjust them. For now, though, I'm heading in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="example.mid" LOOP="10">