Sunday, January 04, 2009

Here We Go....Again!

Okay, this is it. Commitment time. New year. New start. Time to make goals, take steps, and get moving.

So, here I am announcing my new goals for this year:

  • Weigh 165lbs by my birthday (July 12) - this year!
  • Lower my BMI to under 25.
  • Lose enough inches off my waist that I measure no more than a 35" circumference.
  • Lower my Body Fat Percentage to 20% or lower.

  • Be able to walk 1 mile in under 13min 30sec. (endurance)
  • Be able to run a mile in under 12min. (endurance)
  • Be able to drag 200lbs of dead weight for 50 feet. (strength)
  • Be able to do 34 women's push-ups in under 1 minute. (strength)
  • Be able to carry 55lbs for 1 mile. (strength & endurance)
  • Be able to stand on one foot for 20 seconds on each side with eyes closed & hands overhead. (balance)
  • Hop on one foot for 20 feet without losing balance - on each leg. (balance & strength)
  • Increase overall flexibility.
My hope is to accomplish all of this by the end of 2009. Time will tell if this is realistic or not. However I look at this as simply a "to-do" list and each item will be crossed off as I come to it, without any worry over getting it done within a certain time frame. The exception to this is the first part of the list concerning specific health issues. Those I am aiming to achieve by my birthday. When I told my husband this, he promised me a "big reward" if I am successful. :0)

Well, now we know where I am going, but where am I starting from?

Well, my current weight is 203lbs. (203.5 if you want to get nit-picky)
My BMI 29.1 (just .9 shy of obese!).
My waist... to be measured tomorrow.
My Body Fat Percentage... to be determined soon.

I will also be posting my nutritional and exercise goals here soon.

At the moment, it is very late (or early depending on how you look at it) and I have sleeping to do if I want to accomplish anything tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<BGSOUND SRC="example.mid" LOOP="10">